Fundraising and Events Executive
Salary: c£28K + commission
Hours: 35hrs per week /Full-time (with a willingness to work weekends and evenings).
Location: Remote, with travel to Partners’ offices and events
Urban Synergy is an award-winning youth empowerment charity, founded in 2007 with the mission to inspire, guide, and ignite the ambitions of young people.
We focus on early support, to build confidence and show young people aged 9-24 years that the world is their oyster. We connect them with inspirational role models and mentors, as well as industry-leading companies. With the collaboration of our valued partners, we are building an equitable world where everyone, regardless of their background, is empowered to write their own future.
About the role:
- Create and deliver a £300,000 income generation strategy by focusing on seeking new Corporate Partnerships, identifying grant applications, delivering fundraising events with Corporate Partners and the local community, and increasing donors.
- Create proposals and pitch for new business liaising with Head of Corporate Partnerships.
- Support and/or lead on Urban Synergy engagement events.
- Seek and deliver opportunities to create new Corporate Partnerships aligned to racial equity agendas.
- Write compelling proposals and reports to attract funding from grant-making trusts and organisations and follow up as necessary.
- Answer general enquiries from Partners and supporters requesting fundraising packs and promotional materials for their local community fundraising activity. Work with the Communications team to update materials.
- Distribute and maintain stock control of all fundraising materials.
- Provide support and guidance to those fundraising for the Charity from conception to delivery of their event or activity.
- Identify opportunities for fundraising events in the community and with Corporate Partners.
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs relating to fundraising.
- Work with the Communications team to ensure effective promotion of community fundraising events and campaigns across all relevant mediums.
- Represent the Charity at fundraising events and challenges as required, as well as any external Networking Events.
- Create and maintain fundraising templates, policies, and procedures in line with regulations and compliance.
- Maintain engagement with donors to encourage long-term support.
- Working in fundraising with experience of major donor fundraising.
- Ability to identify grants that can be applied for and confidently write subsequent bids.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and efficient in event management.
- Ability to develop working relationships with a range of supporter backgrounds.
- Good IT skills
- Experience in proactively working with external stakeholders and managing relationships.
- Knowledge of the UK fundraising environment.
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations.
- Experience working in a charity environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM database and Google Docs.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Criminal records check
Urban Synergy is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check where appropriate.